Saturday, May 24, 2014

Easy

I know so much of the time I am supposed to do the right thing, ya know? I never seem to get that down. Somehow I always get stuck on me and how I effect the world around me.

This week I've met a lot of interesting people all with different life styles and things they do. I want to make a positive impact ya know? Like my first impression. Sometimes like last night you hit it off just plain and simply wrong. You miss judge the personality or the attitude of that person.

I meet a girl yesterday. Not the kinda girl that wants to date or anything. She just wants friends ya know? So I brought up some chill things to do. We text for awhile and she suddenly stops talking. LoL things about texting is that most of the time texting is very misunderstood, over interpreted, or very assumptive.

Well, me being at the height of the night and already a little over strung, I flipped. Basically telling her to have a good life. So she texts back, "You, too." or something similar.

See that right there a first impression one of the blocks that is built in any relationship. What's that say about who I am now? lol A freak? Yeah, maybe it does. Thing is life is all about choices. So which ones will I choose?

In Ten years where will I be? What will I have accomplished? What kind of man will I have become?

When I think about these things I greatly wonder at my life and the choice I have made because they all matter. There is a saying I like, "Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves."

See what this means is life is all about the small stuff. If you take care of the tiny detail.... In reality the details that are the foundation for the big ones then everything will sort itself out.

See in a business or corporation you can't just get one Big Job here and there, no, you have to get those smaller jobs too. Without the smaller jobs you won't have as much business. See the smaller jobs generate money and after a time the money adds up, but that isn't the only thing.

Having smaller jobs means dealing with families or smaller based business. Through this kind of exposure you generate what I like to call a "storm", because now people are talking about you and the work you have done. Guess what else falls into this category?

That's right, first impressions. How you conduct yourself on the job. How you talk, the way you walk, and your body language. People are always watching you, and the best time to do the right thing is when you think no one is watching. Especially at that time.

Why you ask?

Let me tell you a story my dad told me.

When my dad was 13 or 14 he worked at a burger joint in Kansas. He said he always tried to do his best, especially since the owner of the joint took a chance on him since he was 14 and not 16 like most others young employees.

So one day the boss sends my dad out to scrub this oily grimy patio. He gets out there and guess what no one is around, but instead of slacking off he puts his all into scrubbing this patio. I mean he is sweating profusely, and working that scrubber back and forth like his life depends on it.

Later, after he had gotten home and a few days passed by, his dad told him, "You know when you were scrubbing the patio outside?" My dad nodded. "Well, turns out the boss was watching. He said you did a really good job."

As I told you up top he looked around and there was no one watching. Thing is even when you think that there is always a chance someone is, and it is especially important to show that even though no one is you still are going to work hard.

Anyway, guys I've got to go, but my challenge today is be the best you can be. Make decisions that will inherit you in the future and not in a bad way, but in a good way. Show yourself approved by God and man.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment