Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Magic of Morning

So today, I wake up to a new day expecting the world to flourish with my imaginations appeal. I dream of things that will go on today, and hope for new things to come. My life peeling open before me as my brain begins to awaken from the deep sleep.

My eyelids open and sight returns to my eyes. The light of day filtering in through my curtains. Zeke beside my bed chirping and whistling to himself. Thoughts begin to rumble through me each carrying a different sensation of emotional descent.

I hear the walls creak and the house swell as it breaths in the sweet air of the morning. As if to say, "Today is a new day."

I groan and stretch my muscles squealing with pleasure as they are slowly awoken from their relaxing night. I slowly crawl to the end of my bed through mountains of pillows and soft lush covers. As my feet touch down upon the carpet and I feel each and every individual strand touch lightly against my feet a sense of peace overwhelms me.

Home, that word resides within me. Playing a soft melody in the back of my mind. This melody the simple sounds of my morning beginning to wake the house and the world around me. Each thing I do adding to the frenzied beat of my melody.

I walk into the bathroom the cold tiles beneath me making my feet ache in pleasure. Thoughts of autumn and winter come to me. I see the fire place lit up and warming the hearth. A nice steaming cup of coffee sits beside me on the mantle as my legs are stretched out before me.

I glance out the window and am brought back to the present. Sunday during the early summer months when the birds twittle and sing, the bugs hum and twottle, and all the sounds sing together to form a sweet summer symphony. A smile warms my lips. For a change summer seems nice. Like a sweet kiss from the sun to me.

I brush my teeth and think through the things I must accomplish today. One thing looms before me. A friend I must find. My mind runs away as I see heavy, wet rain drops fall from over encumbered clouds. Rain. My friend, Rain, I are to go out and have fun today. My eyes light up and the sun reminds me today is a good day.

Up the stairs I climb an adventure at my feet. Where will I be swept off to? Whom shall I see? My day before me. I reach along the banister feeling the smooth wood beneath each of my fingers. I grip and pull myself forward. I arise to the top of the world and see all stretched before me. The living room full of hope and love, the kitchen breathing fresh life, and the world beyond the windows of home seeming to stretch forever across a canopy that life has made.

I can not help but take a deep breathe, as the savory flavors and scents of the air rush to meet me. A good day this is, one to not be forgotten. I grab the handle of the fridge the cold steel pressed against my palm. As the door pulls free of its prison I reach in for the berries of ever-laughter.

Each berry filled with joy and brimming with song. Each bite becoming a happy praise. I munch and crunch each and everyone. Taking great pleasure in this great fun.

As my meal is down and my stomach full, I seek out the day. I cannot let it get away.


In a nutshell this was my morning. I wanted to share my fun world! I hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment