Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Happy Week

So this week, was very difficult and yet when I realized the simplicity of life in general it was simple.

Here let me go into a bit more detail.

So beginning of the week, Sunday. In my life I have many responsibilities and many issues leading up to my completion of the those details. I know we all do to an extent. We all have a right to go through with doing the responsibility and taking care of the situation, or just letting it slide on by like nothing's wrong.

However, should we decide to let it slide on by there is always a reaction to the original action. In this case letting it slide on by creates general chaos and problems not only in my life but in others around me. So Monday my parents come home from a trip and I didn't lift a finger to clean even though I knew they would come home expecting the house to be in a word "spotless".

From this lack of responsibility on my part, the house was in total disarray, the lawn well past cutting date, the floors in total need of vacuuming and mopping, and the dog has bristols and burrs all over her nice white coat.

This may not seem bad to any younger generations out there, but when you get older, or in this case if you are older you simply know this is a case of the "no no's". Meaning I was bad and should be put to work immediately to fix the problem.

So Tuesday rolls around.

My mother is a very tidy woman. She expects the best and nothing less. She is very nice and would never intentionally cause harm, but she does hold us to high standards. My sister moving away right after high school got off a little easy.

I, however, went to Texas, South Korea, Thailand, and Mexico before returning home to work and go to college. (I am moving out this fall.) Since I am the eldest and I still live at home instead of rent I do all the estate chores.

I mow the lawn, do the dishes, vacuum, mop, bathrooms, anything that is broken, new projects (putting furniture or shelving or any particular project of any kind) I put into action. And I do it with a smile. Literally.

The thing is after Tuesday, Wednesday, and Today, Thursday, I have learned that life will keep going on with or without you.

The best way to get through it is to put on a smile DECIDE to BE HAPPY AND JOYFUL. No Matter What Happens. Because life is always going this way and that and we never can be totally sure what will happen or if it will go our way.

So the only thing we can really truly control is how we will respond to said situations. I believe too much of the time everyone is always focused on everyone else's situations and what they did wrong and not on themselves.

If Bob Denchers gripes all the time and is always negative and overall brings everyone's moods to a growly irritated state it may be hard, but you CAN DECIDE to Stand Up And Be THE BETTER MAN/WOMAN and BE HAPPY.

To really be happy and joyful it takes a decision on your part. It isn't always a feeling. SO Like the lady I had come through the line on her cell phone not knowing which way might be up, down, left or right and I am trying to instruct her on what to do. She wouldn't listen was on the phone and yelling like she has every right. Bottom line she is being irresponsible and inappropriate.

BUT I had made the decision earlier that day despite a mishap to BE HAPPY in spite of how I felt or what I was going through. SO I plastered a smile on until I did feel it. When this lady came on through I smiled even though she was bad mouthing everything and everyone I handled the situation because I knew where I stood.

I knew how I would act. I had resolve in the situation because the decision to be happy about standing all day in the heat dealing with irritating and even sometimes infuriating people was mine to make. I didn't leave it up to someone else to effect me.

I decided I would effect the situation positively. The lady got on her way and we were all better for it, but the mood didn't change to upset because the decision to be happy was made. Even if it was just me the team was effected positively.

So in the good the bad and everything in between. You always have a decision. What will you choose?

Look up Philippians 4:13

Well, I'm out until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment